FIRST IMPRESSION / REVIEW : YSL FUSION INK FOUNDATION B 30

Hello dear, what's up? I've mentioned this foundation in my Instagram post few days ago. Fyi, I'm so excited to have this (not only because the star YSL Beaute campaign is by the gorgeous Delevingne but I must admit , hell yes! She's so gorgeous xx). I bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago and I've been using it since I got it! The assistant colour matched me to B 30 which gives my light medium skintone a hint of beige and warmth, which is an okay-ish match but probably a little bit on the warm side and a touch too dark for me.



Does it live up the hype? Let's check my opinion below!

The packaging :
The foundation comes in glass bottle with its teardrop applicator and to apply it, you just dab few dots around your face and work it in with your fingers or brush. The glass bottle is weighty and is very pretty to look at. But I don't like dab the applicator straight onto my face, I don't know. Overall I love the packaging so much.















The Coverage :
The texture of this foundation is light, luxurious, and soft as a feather. The application may feel unusual with its teardrop applicator (it seems a bit unclean somehow). I dot the applicator onto the back of my hand and applying from there. The formula is a bit runny, but trust me it sets into a beautiful, velvety finish that is very natural looking. This foundation gives light to medium coverage that is easily buildable, you need to shake this bottle before use it. A little goes a long way, one layer is enough to cover redness but not for dark spots/blemishes. For one layer, you will achieve a sheer coverage but you can build two layers and get medium coverage. Semi-matte finish without feeling heavy or looking cakey.





The shade :
My shade is B 30 and this is quite match for my skintone. It has a strong yellow-ish color and match for NC 25-30 skintone. I prefer lighter shade than B 30 because I want my face looks brighter than my skintone. But it's okay for me, it's still match for my light medium skintone.




What I Love :
It blends easily into the skin
Velvety finish
Great for Oily skin
Last for 6 hours for me
I love the scent from this foundation
It has SPF 18 / PA +++
Gorgeous packaging


What I Hate :
I prefer a pump to teardrop applicator like that
It's so expensive and it's only 25ml (less 30 ml for high end foundation)
A bit drying
For sensitive skin or after peeling treatment : you may notice itching or burning because Alcohol is also the ingredient list.

Price :
Rp. 875.000,00 

I apply it for 6 hours and it hasn't worn off on my face or melted away, but I get oily only in my T zone area which is I always expected to happen. I normally apply a dusting of powder over my face to prevent slippage. It's light enough for everyday use and it's available in 16 shades. However when I did remove it about 6 hours later it looked like it had gone a bit patchy over my dry areas. Best of all, I love how silky and smooth this foundation. It's natural and easily blend to my face. I think this is good for oily skin and for dry skin maybe you should try the sample because like I said before... it emphasized my dry patches. Anyway, this is a great foundation for you if you already have a normal and good skin. 

For any dark or stubborn blemishes, you still need concealer. Fyi, I never use primer before my make up. I only apply YSL Fusion Ink Foundation, Undereye Concealer and Translucent Loose Powder on my face.

Have you tried YSL’s newest foundation yet? Did you like it? Let me know ^^

Share:

0 comment

Thank you for your comment! Stay safe and healthy. Hopefully your day always bright and beautiful ^^